Sublimation print is used for branding products that have a special coating on them or fabrics suitable for the sublimation process. A transfer is produced by printing sublimation ink onto transfer paper and then heat pressing it onto the product.
- Sublimation ink is actually a dye so there is no ink build-up on the finished print and it looks like part of the product.
- Ideal for producing vivid full colour images as well as spot colour branding.
- Can print variable data including individual names.
- Only one set up charge is required irrespective of the number of print colours (applicable to promotional products only).
- The branding can bleed off some products.
- Can only be used for suitable products with white surfaces, products can not be supplied.
- Only approximate PMS colours can be reproduced.
- Some colours cannot be reproduced including metallic silver and gold.
- When printing large images some minor imperfections may appear in the print or around the edges of it. These are unavoidable.
- Artwork can be supplied in either vector or bitmap format.
- A 3mm bleed should be added to the artwork if it bleeds off the product.
- Sublimation can be used for our promotional products.
- Sublimation can be applied to apparel -print size limited to A3
- Sublimation is used for custom designed apparel - See our design lab to create ypur unique look.